Tuesday, December 30, 2008

First Blog

Hello this is my first attempt at a blog, so I hope there is some interesting stuff here for people to read.

To start with a little about me:
I am 39 years old and have been married for 16 months to Angela, and we have a 5 month old daughter, Ciara Rose. She is the most beautiful daughter going around but then every parent says that.
I work in IT with a small to medium company in Perth, but this will only be for the next 4 months and then we are off on a driving adventure to Queensland to live for at least 2 years. I am starting to look forward to moving to Brisbane as I have been back in Perth for 2 years after living in London for nearly 5 years and I am keen for a change again. This was part of the deal after we got married as I am from Perth and Angie is from the Sunshine Coast in Queensland so the only fair way to do it is 2 years in each place and see which one we like the best.
At the moment we live in an inner city 2 bedroom apartment which will be going up for sale soon, in readiness for our long drive. We are going to stretch the drive into about 3 weeks to visit friends in Adelaide, Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney along the way, as well as surrounding places.
This trip will be very interesting as we will have a 9 month old when we leave and she is lively enough as a 5 month old so this could be interesting.
I currently work as a desktop engineer, though for nearly all of the 5 years I was in the UK I was an infrastructure deployment team leader, so it does seem a step back. The company I work for is the same one I worked for before I left for the UK and they offered me a job when I got back, but doing the same as when I left. So I'm a bit down on that. I think I could have done better, it was just too easy to go back to where I new the people and I needed to find something as it had been 2 and a half months since my contract in London had finished and was as good a place as any to start and move on, but I stayed where I am, oh well. I do need to get back into some study that I started towards the end of my wife's pregnancy, but with the little one time passes so quickly.

This seems quite easy to write after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment